Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Get out of the way!

Don't let anyone get in your way for success. No matter what you choose to do in life there are obstacles that will hinder you and get in your way, or at least seem like they are in your way. In our business we can feel like we aren't getting the help we want or need from our upline, downline, or even corporate. Here you have two choices, you can complain about it, get mad and eventually quit, or you can learn from it, either by doing it yourself or keep asking people until you can get the answer you need. There is always going to be challenges and nobody is going to do it for you. You can sit back and let life go by, putting off the future for just that or you can choose to get up and do it. This doesn't just pertain to business, it can be for anything that we let get in our way of a goal. I need to lose weight, I know this, I have been putting off exercising, eating right, etc. for years, but I finally told myself that I would never lose weight or get in shape sitting on the couch thinking about it so I got up and started walking. I am now up to 2.5 to 3 miles a day for 4 days a week. Yes at first it was hard, but it got easier the more I did it and now it is almost like an addictions. I feel guilty if I don't go for my walk. Our biggest hurdle in life is ourselves, we constantly come up with new ways why we can't or should I say won't do something. It is all in our mindset, if you set your mind to do it you will, but if you set your mind to not do it you will make sure you don't. I have heard every excuse in the book, and probably used quite a few myself. My favorite is I am too old, my body just can't handle it, I have used that one way too many times, but honestly age is just a number, it really means nothing, I know people that are my age and younger that barely have enough energy to get out of bed, (there are people with real health issues and I am not putting anyone down) because they have it in their mind that they just don't have the energy to do something or they are too tired, and they truly believe that, but if you tell yourself that you can do it and put forth the energy to get up and do what you have been avoiding it will get easier, but you have to believe it so. My grandpa is 86 years old, he is retired now, but he still lives out on his farm, he has about 2 or 3 acres of land that he mows, he has a garden, and stays busy all day long, he rarely ever just sits around watching T.V, and is in better shape that probably all of his kids, his sister lived to be 103 and bowled until she was well into her 90's, her granddaughter is I think 38 and she owns her own gym, is a personal trainer and just a couple of years ago became an MMA fighter, she can kick my butt without even trying, why I am telling you these stories is because these people never let their minds get in their way, they never said I am too tired maybe tomorrow, because they don't believe in putting things off until tomorrow, today is the day to do it, tomorrow will have it's own challenges, don't add to them. I know I kind of rambled on a lot of subjects, but it kind of ties into the one about not letting any obstacle get in your way, it is YOUR life and YOUR business, YOU need to make it whatever you want it to be. Don't let anything stand in your way. If there is someone that did something that hurt you or you felt that was wrong or you disagree with, don't let it deter you, if it is something that you can fix, then fix it, and move on, but the key is to learn from it and move on, you won't get anywhere if you don't .

No comments:

Post a Comment